Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Helping My Friend



I can count on one hand the main people who shaped who I am.  Besides my parents, my dear friend Bill Page was one of them.  I was best friends with his son, Billy, when I first met Bill.  He was intimidating but, at the same time, fascinating.  He showed me so many little things...things that I would adopt and weave into who I am.  My love of good coffee...my love for a good spaghetti diner...how to properly enjoy a movie...D&D and fantasy gaming...my love for the Grateful Dead...how to enjoy a simple trip to the mall...I could go on and on.  Even what I do for a living is because of him, as he exposed me to computers for the first time around 1989 or so.  Eventually I was a computer whiz, even running my own Bulletin Board Service (BBS), which was what social media was BEFORE the internet.

The many stories we shared and good times we had I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

Now, he needs my help.

Living is very expensive if you are healthy...so what do you do when you get sick?

My friend started having heart troubles many years ago.  As his condition deteriorated, so did his ability to work.  By the time of his passing, he didn't have much left.

Please, donate and help me lay my friend to rest.  The link below is to his fundraiser.  Donate if you can!  Share if you are willing!

http://www.gofundme.com/u9bnns?fb_action_ids=1078739745487195&fb_action_types=og.shares

Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment