Monday, December 1, 2014

The Dark Side of the Holidays

Somehow, as much as I have always adored the holiday season, in particular Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, it has also been the time of year I seem to deal with the most sickness and loss of family and loved ones.  Most notable, my grandmother died just before Christmas when I was younger and Melissa's brain cancer diagnosis, which happened just after Thanksgiving followed by surgery and the post-op infection hospital stays (which lead me to almost naming this blog Cancer for Christmas).  

This holiday season, I have already lost three...my uncle, a close family friend and my father-in-law.  All were ill a long time before passing and are all in a better place now.  Still, more allure is added to the "dark side" of the holiday season.  Still, I love the holidays.  If anything, the many other not-so cherished moments make every other good moment that much better...at least, that's the positive note I will end this post on.

No comments:

Post a Comment