Wednesday, June 5, 2013

6/3/2013 - 6/5/2013

Every single person who gets cancer, I am sure, handles themselves differently.  I am often inspired by stories, like the link below....people who defy the odds, stay determined and positive, and get back to living.

http://www2.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/2013/01/brain-tumor-navigating-a-glioblastoma-multiforme-brain-cancer-survivor.html

I can say that things with Melissa have not been easy on her.  Though she would do just about anything for someone she loved, she was not the most motivated person before brain cancer.  Despite some prodding on my part, no one has really pushed her, including the doctors, to regain some level of activity.  The medications contribute to the issue heavily, as does the damage done by the tumor.  Thankfully, I was born with the patience of my father...and I refuse to push her but so hard.  Most of what I read says to give her time...time it is.

In the mean time, Melissa best be prepared for a busy week in San Diego, because that place is FULL of fun to-do's on little-to-no budget (just my style)...and we also have some bigger things planned - Zoo, Safari Park, Belmont Park, Legoland, and some dining.  San Diego is full of incredible food, from fresh seafood to Mexican, along with many other southern Cali creations.  Home of the taco and taquito...both favorites of ours.  Needless to say, we are so thankful to the many who have helped pitch in on our trip and the great organization 3 Little Birds 4 Life, for recognizing the need of something good during a very dark time.  Like us, most young adults are not prepared for such diagnosis, yet, it happens every day...no matter how much help you may find, it is devastating.  Creating good memories and moments becomes nearly impossible...and to do so, takes extreme measures.  Often kids are involved, and they, more than anyone, need a random release and exposure to pure family fun whenever possible.

Before our trip, I will post a link to my Instagram account, where I will post pictures and updates throughout our trip.  The blog may be quiet during that time, but trust me, my blogging days are far from over.

No comments:

Post a Comment