Friday, January 3, 2014

Working on Reading

Working with little man has been quite challenging.  I suppose, in an effort to push little kids (and caring parents) to the breaking point, Petersburg City Public Schools expect 1st graders to be able to read on their own after Christmas break, despite most of them not being able to read well going into the break.  For me, this meant a challenge to prepare my son...to, basically, teach him to read on our own.  I have to admit, his teacher this year has done ok with him, but he still has a long way to go.  This weekend will be a reading extravaganza.  This is something else I do pretty much on my own.  I wish Melissa would help more, but she has no patience for him...and vice versa, for that matter.  Perhaps a tutor is in order.  Hmm....one that washes dishes as well would certainly seal that deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment