Monday, February 10, 2014

Pressure Applied.

So I finally snapped.  My son asked me when his mom was coming home.  When I responded, "I don't know...they are still checking to see what is making her sick."  His response was, "Are you kidding me?"  Man, I wish I was kidding....and he was SO right.  So today I decided to push some buttons at the hospital treating Melissa...demanding answers and some kind of diagnosis.  Of course, they had neither, but hopefully the pressure I have placed has pushed her up on their "priority list".  For the first time in over 14 months of care, she met the mythological "palliative care" doctor...not a myth after all...she does exist and is now reviewing Melissa's care and quality of life.  After all, what is the use of beating cancer if it leaves you bed-ridden, constantly exhausted, and barfing...unable to enjoy life?

One thing is for sure....I have the hospitals attention now...let's see if that helps.

If not, well, who knows...

1 comment: