Friday, March 22, 2013

03/22/2013

I am not the kind of person who demands respect at every interaction with people.  We all know those kind of people.  As a matter of fact, with people I know, meet, or work for/with, I earn the respect I receive.  When disrespected randomly by people I do not know, I tend to laugh, but make sure they know I recognize disrespect and perhaps, I do give them back a touch, in return (of course).  Yesterday, I had such an exchange...though this time I was the "customer"....without going into detail, let's say I received sub-par customer service and a big F-bomb delivered to me at the end of the call.  I hung up saying, "did he just say?....no."  This morning it got worse.  I try not to talk about work on my blog, but let's just say somehow the story was reversed and my accounts, and those of other 3 witnesses, where not even listened to.  So, in light of that, I leave you with this....

"This world of ours must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a confederation of mutual trust and respect."  President Dwight D. Eisenhower

I refuse to hate...with that said, you can loose my trust and respect...and there is no guarantee that you will have a chance, or even enough time, to earn it back.

Thank the Lord the weekend is closing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment