Wednesday, March 20, 2013

3/19/2013

I have a LOT of dedicated readers.  My blog has almost 80 readers a day.  Of these "Readers" includes many friends, family, and loved ones.  It is very reassuring to get so much positive feedback on the blog.  Even my wife tells me she is impressed by it.  I have a passion for writing, but the free-time and education of a smart, but occupied working man.  Maybe one day I will find a way for my passion to also be my income, but for now, I am happy to get some experience writing and a platform to share information with the people who care about us.  I would like to say thanks to all of my readers....this blog would not be near as fun (and perhaps even a bit awkward) if I were the only one paying it any attention.

Today, we had dinner at my parents.  Melissa's special request, Chicken and Dumplings.  Fine choice, if I do say so myself.  My parents were happy to oblige. 

Little man is still learning what and what not to say.  I would explain, but let's just say he got into a little bit of trouble trying to use a popular saying but by not using it properly...no curse words or anything, just a spoof of words.  The teacher was nice, but I could tell she was far more alarmed then need be.  Needless to say, I talked to little man and ironed out some words and saying to just avoid.  The entire event, though, caused me to realize a shocking similarity between kindergarten age kids and foreigners.  Of course, they both would likely use words improperly or say something awkward, sometimes with shocking honesty.  The similarity continues when either see new things, like huge buildings or new movies.  Both would have limited knowledge of some celebrities.  Neither would likely be familiar with the daily practices of most Americans, the structure/operations of our government, or many other complicated operations.  Both would likely respond similarly to popular music.  Both may even dress similar at times.  I could keep going.  Of course, I should mention that I do not point this similarity to offend either party...I just found it funny as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment