Friday, April 12, 2013

4/11/2013

We found out that Melissa was approved for SSD benefits, but that the starting date and waiting period put us 2 months away from any income from that.  Those dates being adjusted also mean much of the medical debt is ours to pay.  Needless to say, we are scrambling to keep our house now.  I will likely have a car for sale soon.  I will have to plan several fundraiser yard sales.  The online fundraiser's end date will have to be moved up.  These next couple months will be a true test of will power, planning, and our support systems.  There is no doubt, we will need help to get through.  So many have already helped so much...it just sucks to still be sinking...but that is part of Cancer, too.  Just have to roll with the punches...

Here is the link to the fundraiser.  Please share it, Tweet it, Email it....let's have one final rally....as I will be forced by need to close it soon.


Story time....

A recent movie remake gave me a flashback.  I can remember my parents, when I was pretty young (8 or 9), taking us out the the drive-in movies out on Rt 460....The Evil Dead....a classic.  I love that movie and can not wait to find someone brave enough to come with me to see the new one.  My parents did a great job exposing us to some cool stuff.  I remember one Christmas, my dad, I am sorry "Santa", got me some cassette tapes (the same Christmas I got a nice Walkman).  I asked him, "Who are Guns and Roses?"  I remember being pissed off about it...at that time, Lord knows what I was listening too, probably MC Hammer or something equally as stupid.  Lies and Appetite for Destruction...two of the best albums every recorded, in my eyes.  .I had no idea, until much later in life, just how cool that was....not to mention, how far behind everyone else I would have been had I had to discover G'n'R on my own.  They tried with Bluegrass too....Seldom Scene, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Old and In the Way....I hated it when I was young....now, I love it and plan on torturing my child with it as well.  haha....

No comments:

Post a Comment