Friday, April 26, 2013

4/22/2013

Another Monday...back to work and school.  Looks like Melissa's post treatment scan is set, though the date eludes me.  haha....we will not get results until her appointment next month.

I halfway expected the school to call.  When I picked up Michael on Friday, the YMCA staff asked if the school called, then mentioned that they definitely would.  No call ever came.  So I sent Melissa to school with him.  His teacher, acting surprised he was there, went the office to check to be sure Michael could go on a field trip.  The teacher mentioned an incident Friday where Michael supposedly bit another kid.  The other child was one Michael had mentioned the kid kept picking with him and hit him.  I assumed, since he was allowed on the trip, it was just "boys being boys" and was no big deal...though, we had some talk about lashing out physically.  He is such a gentle, most times, kind child...the entire event was way out of character for him.  He has a lot to learn, but never had an issue like this before.  I do know that he will not back down if he knows he is right or is picked on...something I dreadfully wished I had when I was growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment