Tuesday, January 15, 2013

1/1/2013


Happy New Year!  We spend out new years relaxing.  I have so much I could have done...so much...but, honestly, since Thanksgiving I had not had a day or so to relax....so I did just that for New Years....I sat.  I played video games...watched Sportscenter, Redskins Nation, and some movies.  No work of any kind, besides the medicine regiment and dreaded IV flush and bag change.

After my two-day brake, I face a ton of "to-do's", including attempting to get her short-term disability to pay out, getting the SSD application finished, getting Medicaid application completed, and the host of other non-profit resources that can lend a helping hand.

Next week begins a host of doctors appointments....Radiologist, Oncologist, Neurologist, Primary Care Doctor....oh joy.

Melissa's swelling has still not subsided any.  It has me worried...I read some horror stories of folks with similar post-op infections while trending down on the steroids (which is what we are doing also).  Going to call the doctors today when the nurse is there.

I have had a few contact me about sending some help, in the form of money.  I hate taking hand-outs.  During Holiday Season, it helped make things a bit less awkward.  Now that the Holiday Season is passed, though, it is hard for me to accept help...and even harder to ask for help.  At the same time, I would be doing my family an injustice to refuse help when we do need it.  I really need to get a handle on where we are at, financially.  So much has happened in the past month that my head is spinning...I know some bills are paid, others I know are due.  I have yet to see any of the medical bills, besides the co-pays we have paid.  Just know, any money given will go directly to bills, unless instructed otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment